Yes! Blogger Users, you read it right. Blogger released free SSL (https) Certificate for Custom Domains. So from now, you can easily get free SSL certificate directly from Blogger.
Enabling Blogger HTTPS means your blog have an SSL certificate. After you enable HTTPS on your blog; visitors and readers will access your blog on the HTTPS instead of HTTP. Now Google providing SSL certificate in blogger blog with a custom domain. So from now, you can easily get free SSL certificate directly from Blogger.
Previously, Blogger only supports SSL for Blogspot sub-domains and if we want to use secure https (SSL) for our blogger custom domain then we must have to purchase it from SSL providers but from now Google's Blogger itself providing SSL certificate for custom domains too. What you are waiting for? Let's check out its benefits and how you can enable it and make your Blogger blog more secure.
What Is SSL certificateSSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security protocol for establishing encrypted links between a web server and a browser in an online communication. The usage of SSL technology ensures that all data transmitted between the web server and browser remains encrypted.
Why Moving To HTTPS is Recommended?
- Your Blog will look more professional
- SSL Certificates will make a secure connection between visitors and blog
- Here We’ll use Cloudflare’s Flexible SSL, with help of Content Delivery network your blog will load fast
- Using HTTPS, your blog’s ranking in Google and other search engines will improve
You must know that Google gives a slight boost to the rank of sites which are HTTPS-enabled (using SSL certificate). But surely Google will increase the effect of this “boost” and of course, even a slight boost in SERP is essential to overcome our competitors.
A few cons:
- You’ve to re-submit sitemap to Google Search Console. Google will index your pages but start from scratch.
- After successful implementation of HTTPS don’t rollback if you do then Google will deindex your blog.
How to install Free Google SSL certificate in blogger blog with a custom domain.
- Login to blogger dashboard.
- Goto settings and choose basic.
- Under HTTPS Availability check yes.
- It may take a little longer to enable HTTPS. Refresh the web page.
- Under HTTPS Redirect check yes if you want to redirect all your links from HTTP to https.
- All done now you are on SSL version of your site.